- Choose your friends wisely. Proverbs 13:20 says that those who walk with the wise grow wise, but a companion of fools will suffer harm. Friends influence us more than we may think. Make sure you carefully consider who you have as your closest friends.
- It’s ok to go through seasons where you don’t have dozens of really close, best friends. Almost all of us go through periods where we don’t have a ton of friends, and that’s ok. Sometimes, that’s just what happens for a season.
- If you want to make friends, be friendly and initiate conversation, even if it’s out of your comfort zone to do so. Those who desire to have friends must be friendly themselves (Proverbs 18:24, KJV). If you want to be friends with someone, go up to them, and start talking to them!
- Friendships take time to develop, and each one is unique. It takes time to build a relationship with someone. Because no two people are the same, no two friendships will be exactly the same, either.
- Ask God to lead you to the right people to have as your friends. When you call to Him, He will answer you (Jeremiah 33:3). Trust in Him to provide you with the friends He knows you need!
I love reading, writing, photography, and music. I started Generation Arise as a way to encourage young people to arise and shine forth the light of God!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- For the Girls – The Greatest Love Story - August 21, 2017
- Want a Healthy, Happy, Awesome Life? Follow This Strategy! - August 21, 2017
- Having a Bad Day? Do This!!! - August 21, 2017