Dealing with a situation that’s got you down? Want to encourage yourself with God’s Word, but can’t seem to find any verses that apply to what you’re facing? Not sure where in the Bible to turn to find scriptures that address your particular circumstances?
God’s Word is truth (John 17:17), and understanding the truth is foundational to the awesome life God has for you. In any area of life where you’re believing a lie instead of the truth, your experience will fall short of God’s best for you. Therefore, knowing and accepting the truth contained within the pages of the Bible is vital to our lives as believers. After all, when you know the truth, it’ll set you free (John 8:32)! But what if you’re in need of freedom in a particular area, and you can’t seem to find anything in God’s Word that applies to the where you’re at? Here are some suggestions to help you out!
- Ask God to lead you to the right passages. Who knows God’s Word better than He does? He knows where the verses you need are located, and can draw your attention to them!
- Ask God to give you a fresh revelation of what you’re reading. Sometimes all you need is the ability to see a verse you’ve read dozens of times in a different light. If you’ll ask your Heavenly Father, He will reveal the meaning of the scriptures you’re reading to you in a way that will benefit you where you’re at!
- Look for stories and characters you can relate to. God’s Word relays real experiences from the lives of individuals who really aren’t that different from you and I. Chances are you can find a character or story somewhere in the Bible that you can relate to and learn from!
- Keep a list of verses you love that you can refer back to. Whenever you run across a verse you love or that really speaks to you, jot it down for future reference. That way, you already have a list of favorite scriptures to refer back to in times of need. Who knows? God may even show you a verse now that you’ll find extremely helpful several months from now!
- Ask God to speak to you personally. God can speak to us both through His written Word, and also by speaking to us on an individual level. If you’re having a difficult time finding verses that address your particular concerns, ask God to speak to your heart the truth that you need to hear. He desires to speak to us on a daily basis if only we’ll listen!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Ty Montgomery on Football and Faith - November 17, 2017
- An Often Overlooked Strategy for Success - October 26, 2017
- How to Find Scriptures That Apply to Your Situation - October 17, 2017